Friday, June 23, 2006

...tales from washington

I thought that a few exercepts from my trip to washington were relevant.

I was giving a wee talk at the American Diabetes Association which was a bit of a dampener on the rest of the trip as I woke up constantly at 5.30 am to adjust the talk. Suzie will be glad that I wasnt with her when that happened. I was staying near Georgetown which is an excellent area. Did a fair bit of shopping in Banana Republic. Gadget vicar had sent me in the direction of this chuch which was top stuff - 3,000 happy americans in an Anglican church that was controversy free and a wee bit away from Washington DC. American beer was a bit disappointing and I failed to go to the famous 9.30 club as there were no gigs at the correct time although I just missed Artic Monkeys & KT Tunstall. Got asked to a gay celebration party and watched the World Cup in an Irish pub.

No comments: